View technorati.com Literature blogs Literature, novels, author, writing Fiction Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Breaking the Writer's block

Do you believe in writer's block? The artist abandoned by the creative muse and all that yadda yadda? I have to say I never fell prey and therefore think it must be easily remedied. (I did fall prey to about every other artistic trap along the way.) What I've observed is those who cannot work, do not work. They prejudge ideas, they criticize themselves, they bombard their motivations with logic. For them I believe the best route is to just work, just keep working, every single day. In fact I'm not the only one who apparently believes this. Here's one guy who is blogging about writing his novel in a month. Is it John Irving??!! -- nope, just another writer named Jay Benjamin. Good luck guy!!