View technorati.com Literature blogs Literature, novels, author, writing Fiction Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Sunday, October 30, 2005

Biting the Error

A good part of yesterday was spent writing a review of the Kim Dorland exhibition. Lots of work for 800 words.

Reading: Well I'm into Biting the Error: Writers Explore Narrative -- what a read. Really great stuff, and it won't surprise me I post quotes from it time to time. Today's quote is by Lynne Tillman -- terrific thinker, someone I definitely need to read more of.

"The most bedevilling question for writers, I think, is whether any of us can turn our unconscious and conscious desires and our historically and psychologically determined limits, our necessities, into virtues, and whether our vices can become our books' virtues."

Put that one in your pipe and smoke it.